- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 tablespoons beetroot sauerkraut or your choice of sauerkraut
- 1 roasted sweet potato, chopped into small chunks
- 1 avocado, sliced, skin removed
- 1 bunch of broccolini, roughly chopped
- 1 cob corn
- 1 tablespoon roasted pepitas, for garnish
- White or black sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Miso Tahini Dressing
- Melrose Organic Sunflower or Macadamia Oil for drizzling
Miso Tahini Dressing
If using brown rice, soak rice ideally for a few hours before cooking to speed up cooking process and make rice more digestible.
Dice sweet potato into small chunks, leave skin on, line baking tray with baking paper. Add sweet potato, drizzle with sunflower or macadamia oil and salt and bake in oven on 180 - 200 degrees for approx. 20 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Cut brocollini into 5 – 7cm lengths, ensure that you retain the stalks and use these in the dish. Blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, remove from water and run under cold water so brocollini retains its brilliant green colour.
Char corn on open flame on gas stovetop or on top of BBQ grill, alternatively boil corn for 7 minutes. Remove corn kernels by slicing off cob with a sharp knife.
To make dressing, combine miso pasta and tahini, mix well to form a thick paste then drizzle in sacha inchi oil and enough water to loosen the dressing to make a sauce consistency and to dull the intensity of the flavour then, balance with a little apple cider vinegar for acidity and rice malt syrup for a little sweetness.
Place brown rice in serving bowl then top with half the ingredients to create a ‘rainbow’ around the bowl. Add beetroot sauerkraut, sweet potato, avocado, broccolini, corn, leave a little bit of the brown rice showing. Repeat with second bowl and remaining ingredients.
Drizzle over miso & tahini dressing, garnish with roasted pepitas and sesame seeds.