Let's Get Moving
There’s no denying that daily movement is an essential part of your health and wellbeing. One of your top health goals in addition to healthy eating, should be to find a form of physical activity that you actually enjoy as you’ll be more likely to stick with it in the long-term. Here are some tops tips to help you start incorporating movement into your day:
- Just make small changes: You can just start with making small changes to your daily routine, like taking the stairs instead of the lift, hold walking meetings (we love this at Melrose), going for a walk in your lunch break (store a pair of walking shoes at work or in your car so you're ready to go at any time), use a stand-up desk or park the car just that little bit further away...
- A morning walk: A great way to kick start your metabolism and carve out time for yourself. You can listen to some tunes while you walk or catch up on a podcast.
- Relax and stretch with yoga: A yoga class is not only great for your mental health but also increasing flexibility and toning your body (if you are new to yoga, consider a beginner's course or a yin yoga class to ease your body into it).
- Pick something you already love to do: Find something you already love and make it a little more formal. Love to swim? Swim laps at your local pool. Love to dance? Take a dance class at your local gym. Love nature? Go for a hike.
- Ready to really sweat? Join your local Bootcamp or group fitness class, or hit an F45 class if you really want to step outside your comfort zone!
Expert tip: Our Resident Nutritionist Steph Lowe tells us that a good thing to remember is that structured exercise is just as important as daily movement, but it will likely only ever account for 4-6% of your waking hours, so what you do outside of that time to optimise your health is important. A great way to help you with this is to get a pedometer, FitBit or a step-counting app on your smart phone to track your steps (the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends a target of 10,000 steps/ day).
What are you waiting for? Let's get moving!.
Join our mailing list today!
Your journey towards a happier, healthier lifestyle and body begins here. Sign up to the Melrose newsletter today and receive 10% off your next order.