you will receive a confirmation email shortly
What Are Essential Nutrients?
Essential nutrients cannot be created by our body in sufficient quantities or at all. As a result, these nutrients must be consumed through food sources, as they play a key role in whole body health, including growth, protection and illness prevention.
Essential nutrients can be divided into two main categories: micronutrients and macronutrients. Micronutrients comprise minerals and vitamins, whereas macronutrients include fat, protein, and carbohydrates.
Here are some of the most common sources of micronutrients:
- Bananas, avocados, walnuts - Vitamin B6
- citrus fruit, broccoli, capsicum, berries – Vitamin C
- sunflower seeds, almonds, green leafy vegetables, spinach – Vitamin E
- Nuts, seeds, legumes, dark chocolate and avocados – Magnesium
- Red meats, eggs, oysters, cashews and almonds – Zinc
High concentrations of macronutrients can be found in the following foods:
- Rice, pasta, legumes, vegetables and fruit– carbohydrates
- Meat, eggs, dairy products – protein
- lentils and chickpeas – fat
Melrose Health nutrient powders and healthy oils help to achieve a healthy balanced diet, by filling potential nutritional gaps. Our nut butters range contain rich vitamins, including magnesium, zinc, fibre and plant protein, beneficial for gut, nervous system and immune health.
Our range of kitchen oils include, olive, avocado, pumpkin, macadamia, walnut and coconut oil, which contain valuable fatty acids, for heart, brain and hormonal health.
Additionally our MCTs derived from 100% coconut oil, provides the body with sustained energy, whether its for mental focus or physical performance.
Check out our range, and see how our nutrient rich powers and oils can improve your diet and well-being.