- 200g almond meal
- 200g natural almonds, crushed
- 200g raw cashews, crushed
- 200g pepita / pumpkin seeds
- 300g sunflower seeds
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 400g coconut flakes (large, unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Melrose Organic Full Flavoured coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Melrose Rice Syrup
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Melrose Essential Reds Powder
1. Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees. Prepare two large baking or roasting trays lined with baking paper.
2. Combine almond meal, crushed nuts and seeds and desiccated coconut and flakes into a large mixing bowl and mix well with your hands to combine.
3. Place coconut oil in a small saucepan, if solid, over low heat and allow to gently melt. Once melted add brown rice syrup, maple syrup, boiling water, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and mix well to combine.
4. Add syrup to the mixed nuts and seeds and mix well to combine so that mixture is evenly coated.
5. Divide mixture into the two baking trays so that granola is evenly spread. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then using a metal spatula, stir granola so to ensure even cooking. Place back in oven for a further 10 – 15 minutes, granola should look lightly golden and toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before stirring through Melrose Essential Reds and dried cranberries. Allow to cool completely before storing.
6. Granola can be kept for at least a few weeks in an air-tight container.