Green Coconut and Chocolate Slice
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Keto Diet Friendly
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup thick coconut cream, from the top of the can
- ½ cup Melrose Organic Full Flavoured Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ cup Melrose Coconut Cashew Butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or ½ cup Melrose Organic Rice Syrup
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Melrose Organic Essential Green powder
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes 200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped into smaller pieces
Place desiccated coconut, almond meal, coconut cream, Melrose Organic Full Flavoured Coconut Oil, Melrose Coconut Cashew Butter, maple or Melrose Organic Rice Syrup, Melrose Organic Essential Green powder into a mixing bowl and stir well until combine and thoroughly mixed through.
Line a small baking pan with baking paper. Pour slice mixture into the pan and press down evenly. Place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up, alternatively place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate over a double boiler or gently in the microwave until melted and smooth. When the bottle layer of the slice has set, remove from fridge freezer and pour over chocolate. Place back in the fridge to set. Once hardened, remove slice from fridge, place on chopping board and slice into squares. Keep in the fridge.