- 4 servings of espresso
- 1 tablespoon Melrose MCT oil
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
Coconut Ice Cream
- 2 x 400g can full-fat coconut cream
- ½ (80g) cup granulated erythritol
- 1 -2 whole vanilla beans, seeds scraped out
- Pinch sea salt
1. The day before, place your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer to chill overnight.
2. When ready to make your ice cream, place the coconut milk, erythritol, sea salt and vanilla
into a blender and blitz until the sugar has dissolved and the vanilla bean is evenly dispersed.
3. Pour ingredients into the chilled ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's
instructions until the consistency is like soft serve ice cream.
4. Transfer the ice cream into a large container and freeze for 4-6 hours until firm.
5. When ready to serve your affogato, place the just brewed hot coffee into a blender with the
MCT oil. Blend on high until combined.
6. Scoop generous balls of ice cream into 4 glasses or small bowls.
7. Pour over the MCT coffee and sprinkle over hazelnuts and coconut flakes to serve.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker:
Blend the ingredients as per the recipe and pour into a large container. Place into the freezer
to set, mixing and whisking the ice cream to aerate every 1 hour. Repeat until firm, about 6-8
Note: If you don't tolerate caffeine well in the afternoon, use decaf coffee. The MCT will still give you an energy hit and boost your mental clarity.