This Frittata recipe is bursting with the goodness of in-season produce, matched perfectly with creamy coconut milk and zingy feta. Sneak in some essential greens for an added nutrient boost – a great way to boost vegie intake for the kids!
- 2 tablespoons Melrose Organic Coconut Oil and Ghee
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
- 200g broccoli, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons Melrose Health Essential Greens Powder
- ¼ cup feta cheese, optional
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Add oil and ghee combo to a large saucepan and bring to a medium-high heat, add spring onion, garlic and chilli, stirring for 2 minutes.
Add broccoli, zucchini, basil and parsley, stirring for another 2 minutes before adding the spinach. Stir through until wilted and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs, coconut cream and greens powder in a large bowl and stir through cooked green mixture. Season to taste and transfer to the baking tray.
Crumble feta on top and transfer to the oven, baking for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving with a fresh salad of choice.