PAN SEARED SALMON WITH SALSA VERDE
- Gluten Free
- Keto Diet Friendly
- 1 tsp good quality Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Melrose Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Melrose Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp capers
- 10 anchovies
- 2 cups fresh herbs (flat leaf parsley, mint, basil or coriander)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt flakes, to season
- 2 x 200 g salmon fillet, bones removed, skin on
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Melrose Organic Coconut Oil and Ghee
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 150 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp Melrose Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup slivered or crushed almonds
- 1 lemon, cheeks sliced, to serve
To make the salsa verde, add Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, capers anchovies, fresh herbs, lemon zest and salt into a small blender. Blitz until a slightly chunky consistency is achieved. Set aside.
Dry salmon skin with some paper towel, before adding a few teaspoons of salt. Place frypan over high heat and add one tablespoon coconut oil and ghee. When oil is hot, add salmon skin side down. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook for a further 3–5 minutes approximately, depending on your liking. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
Wipe down pan and add one tablespoon coconut oil and ghee. When hot, add in cherry tomatoes, allow them to sit for a few minutes until they start to blister then shake the pan, tossing until blistered all over. Season with salt and set aside.
Place saucepan of water over high heat and bring to boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and green beans. Cook for about 3 minutes, remove, drain. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
Serve salmon with a few tablespoons of salsa verde, green beans topped with almonds, blistered tomatoes and a cheek of lemon.