- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup chickpeas, cooked
- ½ cup kale leaves, stems removed, shredded
- 1–2 cups vegetables (carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato), diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp Melrose Australian Macadamia or Organic Olive Oil
- Salt flakes, to season
- ½ cup Melrose ABC Butter
- 2 tbsp good quality hot sauce
- 2 tbsp water, or more depending on desired consistency
- ½ tsp salt flakes
Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees.
Line two baking trays with baking paper and add vegetables to one tray and red onion to the other. Drizzle over a little macadamia or olive oil, sprinkle with salt and toss well.
Bake vegetables in the oven for 30–40 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven.
Place Melrose ABC Butter in mixing bowl, add hot sauce, water and salt. Stir and, if desired, thin sauce by adding more water and mixing through.
To serve, place quinoa in base of bowl, top with quinoa, chickpeas, kale, roasted veg and onion. Serve with a generous dollop of spicy nut butter.
Store remainder of nut butter in sealed container or jar in the fridge or at room temperature.