ZUCCHINI AND SPRING PEA SALAD
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Keto Diet Friendly
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Organic Olive Oil
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 cup double podded broad beans, fresh or frozen
- A few handfuls of salad leaves
- ½ cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, roughly torn
- ½ cup dill, roughly chopped
- 150g fresh mozzarella cheese
Slice zucchini into thin strips using a sharp knife or mandolin. Drizzle with olive oil and rub well onto both sides. Season with a little salt. Place griddle pan over medium heat. When hot, add zucchini in batches and cook on each side for about 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Bring a pot of water to the boil then add peas and broad beans and cook for about 3 – 5 minutes, depending on if fresh or frozen. Drain and set aside in iced water.
To make salad dressing, whisk together apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, flaxseed oil, rice syrup and salt flakes.
To finish your salad, place salad leaves on serving plate. Add zucchini, peas, beans, herbs and torn mozzarella, then drizzle salad dressing over to serve. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.