Specific limits of Melrose’s site
Whilst Melrose's site offers health, wellness and diet related articles in the "Health Hub", Melrose’s site does not offer any diagnostic advice or service. If you need advice, information or treatment you should consult a qualified medical or health care practitioner and not use this site.
The information contained on Melrose’s site is made available for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as medical or health advice.
Melrose endeavours to provide a convenient, functional and secure web-site. However, the content of Melrose’s website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and Melrose does not warrant the content will be error free or that the site or the server that operates it are free of viruses or other harmful components.
While Melrose takes all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy and completeness of the information contained on Melrose’s site, you acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Melrose makes no representation or warranty to you, nor give any guarantee as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the content or information contained on Melrose’s site.
Similarly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Melrose makes no representation or warranty, nor give any guarantee to you in relation to Melrose’s site or the content accessible via Melrose’s site, including (without limitation):
- as to the reliability, suitability or availability of Melrose’s site or the content accessible on Melrose’s site;
- that access to Melrose’s site and/or to the content accessible on Melrose’s site will be secure, uninterrupted or error-free;
- that errors or defects with Melrose’s site or the content accessible via Melrose’s site will be able to be corrected;
- that Melrose’s site will operate with any other hardware, software, system or data; or
- the accuracy and fairness of the content accessible via Melrose’s site.
If your use of Melrose’s site results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Melrose will not be responsible for such costs.
The information on Melrose’s site is offered on the terms and understanding that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Melrose nor Melrose’s directors and Melrose site’s authors are responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of the information or for any error or omission in the information.
2.1 You may be asked to provide Personal Information to Melrose before purchasing any products from this Website, before entering any competition on the Website or before registering an account on this Website. If you do not provide that Personal Information to Melrose, Melrose may not be able to sell you products, enter you into that competition or register you with an account.
2.3 You acknowledge that if you do not register as a member of this Website, parts of this Website designed for registered members may not be accessible to you.
2.4 Melrose will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of any Personal Information that you provide. Melrose’s site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Melrose’s control. However, no data transmission over the internet can be completely secure, and Melrose cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times.
2.5 Melrose may use techniques designed to identify fraudulent activities on the Website, such as fraudulent credit card use. If any unauthorised use of your credit card occurs as a result of your credit card purchase on the Website, you should notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
User ID, Password and Security
3.1 You have the opportunity to create an account to access parts of Melrose’s site. In order to create an account, you are required to provide us with your name and address, and to select a password.
3.2 You acknowledge and agree that your email address and password combination is used to access the restricted areas of Melrose’s site and that you are responsible for the safety and security of your password.
3.3 Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to notify Melrose immediately when you become aware of any unauthorized or attempted unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of your password by any person and you agree to comply with Melrose’s directions regarding password security.
3.4 You agree that Melrose is entitled to take reasonable steps to monitor use of your account and that Melrose may suspend your access to your account should Melrose detect any suspicious activity occurring in relation to your account until the suspicious activity is resolved.
Copyright & Intellectual Property
Melrose's site contains material which is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Melrose. Except to the extent otherwise permitted by law:
You are allowed to:
view, copy and print material in electronic or other forms only for your personal use, or non-commercial purposes and only if you retain the copyright notice and other intellectual property notices from the original material;
You are NOT allowed to:
- use material from Melrose’s site for non-personal, public or commercial purposes without the consent of Melrose; or
- distribute in any medium any part of Melrose’s site or the content on Melrose’s site without Melrose’s prior written consent; or
- alter or modify any part of Melrose’s site or the content made available via Melrose’s site; or
- not to use or access Melrose’s site (or any part of it) or the content made available via Melrose’s site for any commercial use unless you first obtain Melrose’s prior written consent (which may be provided in Melrose’s absolute discretion, subject to any conditions which Melrose chooses to impose at its absolute discretion); or
- breach copyright or any other intellectual property rights of Melrose or its licensors including by amending or adapting any material on Melrose’s site.
Subject to the provision above no part of Melrose’s site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of a director of Melrose Health Pty Ltd.
Advertising, links to third party web sites and e-commerce offers
Melrose’s site contains hyperlinks and other pointers to internet web sites operated by third parties. These linked web sites are not under the control of Melrose. Melrose is not responsible for the contents of any linked web or any hyperlink contained in a linked web site. Melrose provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only. Inclusion of any link is not nor does it imply any endorsement of the linked web site by Melrose. You link to any such web site entirely at your own risk.
Your content and conduct
You are solely responsible for any content that you submit to Melrose and the consequences of submitting such content to Melrose, including via Melrose’s site.
When you submit any content to Melrose, you represent and warrant to Melrose on a continuous basis that you own the content and that the content is original to you, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party.
You grant to Melrose a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable fully paid up licence of the content you submit to Melrose to enable Melrose to operate the Melrose’s website and to otherwise fulfil any obligations which Melrose may owe to you under any contract or agreement.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not submit to Melrose any content that is and that you will not use Melrose’s site or any content or tools which Melrose makes available to transmit any material that is:
- vulgar or obscene;
- discriminatory, sexist or racist;
- violent or graphic;
- contrary to applicable laws in Australia; or
- libelous, tortious, defamatory or invasive of another person’s privacy.
You acknowledge that Melrose may, at its absolute discretion, remove content from Melrose’s website which in Melrose’s opinion breaches any of the foregoing restrictions.
You also acknowledge and agree that the fact that Melrose may make available your content to other users of Melrose’s website does not mean that Melrose endorses such content or the person submitting the content.
Unless you expressly inform Melrose otherwise (including by exercising any opt-out mechanism that Melrose may make available to you), you consent to your receipt from Melrose, or on Melrose’s behalf, of electronic messages (including emails) attaching newsletters, brochures and/or updates of future developments relevant to Melrose
Melrose provides Melrose’s website in order to provide a useful guide and user experience and any comments on its structure and contents with a view to improving its usefulness would be welcome. Such comments and feedback should be provided to Melrose using the facilities made available via Melrose’s website.
When you submit any feedback or comments to Melrose regarding Melrose’s website, you acknowledge and agree that Melrose is free to use or adapt any idea or feedback to improve Melrose’s website without compensation or remuneration to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event shall Melrose, its directors, officers, employees or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage arising from any:
- errors, mistakes or inaccuracies in the content made available via Melrose’s site;
- personal injury or property damage (of any nature whatsoever) arising or resulting from your access to and use of Melrose’s site and/or its content;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from Melrose’s site;
- any bugs, viruses and/or malicious code which may be transmitted to or through Melrose’s site; and/or
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via Melrose’s site, except where such liability arises as a direct result of any negligent or willful act or omission of Melrose, its directors, officers or employees.
Without limiting the methods by which a notice or other communication may be given at law, a notice or other communication is properly given or served if it is transmitted by electronic mail or other electronic means to your email address held by Melrose. You agree to promptly notify Melrose of any change in your email address.
Party preparing document not to be disadvantaged