THE TRUTH ABOUT INFLAMMATION CAUSING HEART DISEASE
Inflammation is created by:
- Refined sugar
- Trans fats
- Gluten, for many individuals
What you need to know:
- Cholesterol is not the problem. We do not need to artificially lower a vital substance that virtually every cell in your body naturally produces and requires to sustain optimal function.
- From a blood lipid panel, high total low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is not the most important factor, but rather it's the size of the LDL particles that counts.
- High total cholesterol (TC)/high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol ratio (TG/HDL-C ratio) indicates small LDL particles and correlates strongly with incidence and extent of heart disease.
- Low TC/HDL-C ratio indicates minimal small LDL particles and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- High carbohydrate diets and the presence of insulin are responsible for small LDL particles, so reducing your intake of refined carbohydrates is an essential health goal.