The Truth About Inflammation Causing Heart Disease
Inflammation is created by:
- Refined sugar
- Trans fats
- Gluten, for many individuals
What you need to know:
- Cholesterol is not the problem. We do not need to artificially lower a vital substance that virtually every cell in your body naturally produces and requires to sustain optimal function.
- From a blood lipid panel, high total low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is not the most important factor, but rather it's the size of the LDL particles that counts.
- High total cholesterol (TC)/high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol ratio (TG/HDL-C ratio) indicates small LDL particles and correlates strongly with incidence and extent of heart disease.
- Low TC/HDL-C ratio indicates minimal small LDL particles and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- High carbohydrate diets and the presence of insulin are responsible for small LDL particles, so reducing your intake of refined carbohydrates is an essential health goal.
subscribe to ouR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to stay up to date on recipes and health advice.