What is Melrose MCT?
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are a particular type of dietary fat that are most commonly found in coconut and palm oils. MCT's are important fatty acids that are between 6-12 carbon chains in length and are rarer in the diet than other fats. The Melrose MCT range consists of varying blends of caproic (C6), caprylic (C8), capric (C10), and the slightly longer 12-chain MCT lauric acid (C12).
MCTs aren't digested and absorbed in the same way as normal dietary fats, instead they are easily digested and processed in the liver, providing immediate fuel rather than being stored as fat in the body. They have been researched extensively for their many benefits that include:
Why Melrose MCT?
- Melrose MCT is made with only the best part of the coconut.
- We use 100% coconut oil in our MCT.
- Free of herbicides, pesticides and is sustainably farmed in the Philippines and bottled in Australia.
- We scrutinize and test every step of the way to meet our high quality standards.
- We choose to use Coconut Oil rather than Palm Oil due to the associated negative ecological effects caused by Palm Oil plantations.