you will receive a confirmation email shortly
Breakfast Berry Trifle
- Prep time:
- Cooking time:
Gut-loving lemon jelly:
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 ½ tablespoons gelatin* powder
*can be substituted with Agar Agar, but please check pack instructions as many Agar products are not substituted 1:1 with Gelatine.
- 2 teaspoons organic rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 150g strawberries
- 125g raspberries
- 2 teaspoons Melrose Essential Reds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 teaspoon organic rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- To serve:
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 250g coconut yoghurt
To make the jelly:
- Dissolve the gelatin* in 1/3 cup of cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes to become gel-like. It will firm immediately so stir quickly and leave it until a rubber ball-like consistency forms.
- Heat the rice malt syrup, coconut oil, turmeric, lemon juice and salt in a saucepan. Stir in the gelatin and remove from the heat.
- Pour into a 10 x 15cm glass container and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut to fit the jars which you are presenting the finished product in.
To make the berry sauce, add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, or to your desired consistency.
To assemble the breakfast trifle, layer alternately the sliced fruit, jelly, yoghurt and berry sauce. Top with one final teaspoon of yoghurt, sauce and fruit and chill until ready to serve.
*gelatin can be substituted with Agar Agar, but please check pack instructions as many Agar products are not substituted 1:1 with Gelatine.